The contemporary art festival will take place on 12 islands of scenic Seto inland sea (Setonaikai) and in Takamatsu of Kagawa prefecture and Uno of Okayama prefecture. The event was a huge success when it was first held in 2010, that this year, it will be held across three seasons: March 20 to April 21 for spring, July 20 to Sept. 1 for summer and Oct. 5 to Nov. 4 for fall.
The key features of the event will be held on the internationally recognized island of Naoshima and at Teshima Art Museum which was collaboratively created in 2010 by architect Ryue Nishizawa and artist Rei Naito. On Inujima, 2010 Pritzker prize laureate Kazuyo Sejima, who has been widely acclaimed for designing the 21st Century Museum of Contemporary Art, Kanazawa will be presenting her latest work.
A total of 86 artworks of Japanese and international artists will be displayed in various locations of the scenic islands.
Through this event, organizers aim to promote the stunning nature of Seto inland globally and to revitalize the depopulated area through creative and sustainable exchanges between artists, visitors and the local communities. Five more islands will be participating in the event this year with more intriguing works of collaboration between nature and contemporary art for the visitors to enjoy.
Setouchi Triennale 2013
Spring: March 20th (Wed. a national holiday) to April 21st (Sun.)
Summer: July 20th (Sat.) to September 1st (Sun.)
Autumn: October 5th (Sat.) to November 4th (Mon.)
Setouchi Triennale Passports (3-season pass) on sale for:
General : 5,000 yen
High School Students: 3,500 yen
Junior High School Students and Under : Free of Charge
Setouchi Triennale 2013 Art Festival to Kick Off on March 20th
Published： Mar 12, 2013, 12:15AM JST
- “The Lady and the Unicorn” French Medieval Tapestries’ First Visit to Japan
- “The World of Leiji Matsumoto” at Fukuoka Asian Art Museum
- A Date with South Korean Idol Group “BOYFRIEND” at Parco
- Tasaki Ginza Art Installation "teamLabBall"
- Tory Burch Purikura Featured at Pop-Up Store Themed “Family”
- Makoto Azuma, Noritaka Tange and Yasumichi Morita Come Together for the Renovation of Isetan's Home Interior Floor
- Architect Ryuji Nakamura Reinterprets the Circular Series by 132 5. Issey Miyake
- Bottega Veneta Seeks to Save Cultural Landmarks in Japan
- A Look Inside Zaha Hadid’s Solo Exhibit in Japan
- Antoni Gaudi × Takehiko Inoue Exhibit Opens at Roppongi Hills
- Akira Uno Talks About the Magic of Picture Books
- Graphic Designer Ikko Tanaka’s Artworks for Issey Miyake’s Latest Collection
- Hokusai and Yuni Yoshida: Collaboration of the Past and Present at Mitsukoshi
- Discover the Personal Sides of Japanese Celebrities at Nobuyoshi Araki's Exhibit at Omotesando Hills
- TeamLab to Unveil an Ocean of Rice at Expo Milano 2015
- The DUFFER of St. GEORGE “GREENY” Sneakers Collaborate with Artists. DRAGON76 to Perform Live Painting at Event
- New Kabuki Theater Opening Parade to be Held on Mar. 27th
- Shoji Ueda Exhibit at TSUTAYA Daikanyama for 100th Anniversary Since His Birth
- Kazuhito Sahara Solo Exhibit “Meniha Sayakani Mienedomo” at Daikanyama. Release of New Work Catalog
- EASE in Meguro to Hold CREATOR’S MARKET on Mar.31st
- Japan’s Living National Treasure Fukumi Shimura Opens Exhibit in Kyoto
- “Attire and Makeup for Celebrations” Exhibit Open at Pola Museum Annex in Ginza
- Mirei Kiritani and Junko Koshino for the Opening of Rune Naitou’s Exhibit
- Leonard Tsuguharu Foujita Exhibit in Commemoration of Movie Starring Joe Odagiri
- Y-3×Linda Farrow Collaboration Eyewear Line Debuts in 2013 Spring Summer
- Manga Artist Mari Yamazaki of “THERMAE ROMAE” Portrays “Steve Jobs” in Manga