Toshiyuki Inoko led technologist group, "teamLab" is holding an art installation titled "TASAKI 'balance' EXPERIENCE art by teamLab" at TASAKI Ginza Main Store from April 13 to May 19.
On the first basement floor, glowing spheres dubbed "teamLabBall" fill the space surrounded by mirrors. teamLab expresses the pearls and diamonds of Thakoon Panichgul's popular jewelry "balance" collection by floating the interconnected balls which emit organic light and sounds.
teamLabBall is an interactive interface that reacts to human actions and changes colors, brightness and sounds. Each globe has wireless Peer to Peer (P2P), allowing both the host and visitors to design the spatial lighting. The host, for example can change all of the colors suddenly by remote, while the visitors can participate in altering the space by tossing the globes.
teamLab is a creative company initiated by The University of Tokyo. Comprised of programmers, engineers, architects, CG animators, web designers and other creative specialists, works "100 Years Sea (running time: 100 Years)" and "teamLab Hangers" were selected as Juries Recommendation Works at Agency of Cultural Affairs Media Arts Festival. For the Kohaku Uta Gassen 2011, teamLab directed popular idol band, Arashi's medley stage. Also active overseas, teamLab has participated in art fairs in France, Taiwan, and Singapore.
Tasaki Ginza Art Installation "teamLabBall"
Published： Apr 23, 2013, 11:22AM JST
- teamLab Releases 3D Motion Human Anatomy App “teamLabBody”
- New Suits Styles: 22 Brands Including JIL SANDER and KOLOR on teamLab Hangers at Isetan
- Calligrapher Sisyu, Solo Exhibit at GUCCI Shinjuku Features Collaboration Work with teamLab
- MEDIA AMBITION TOKYO at Roppongi Hills Features Perfume Installation, teamLab, TOWA TEI and others
- TeamLab to Unveil an Ocean of Rice at Expo Milano 2015
- Toshiyuki Inoko of teamLab on New Piece “Infinity of Flowers”
- Kunisaki Art Festival in Oita this October
- Kohei Nawa and teamlab for the SPACE × ART Exhibit in Tokyo
- 3D Visuals by teamLab Decorate Christmas Tree at Canal City Hakata
- Mikimoto Pearls at V&A Museum Exhibit in London
- Tasaki Ginza Art Installation "teamLabBall"
- MIKIMOTO 120th Anniversary Event: Virtual Fitting of Top Class Pearls at Isetan Shinjuku
- Best of Mikimoto: Pearl Crown “Flower of Dream” Celebrates 120 Anniversary of Cultured Pearl.
- Tasaki Unveils New Collection at Isetan Shinjuku
- Antiques Flea Market at Daikanyama T-Site on May 29th and 30th
- Mitsuaki Iwago Photo Exhibit “Go with Cats” at Mitsukoshi Nihombashi
- Nobuyoshi Araki Photo Exhibit “EroReal” at Taka Ishii Gallery
- Designer of DEVASTEE François Alary First Solo Exhibit
- Opera City “ICC” Media Art Exhibit “Open Space 2013”: plaplax, Open Reel Ei Wada, and more
- Akira Uno Talks About the Magic of Picture Books
- Graphic Designer Ikko Tanaka’s Artworks for Issey Miyake’s Latest Collection
- Hokusai and Yuni Yoshida: Collaboration of the Past and Present at Mitsukoshi
- Discover the Personal Sides of Japanese Celebrities at Nobuyoshi Araki's Exhibit at Omotesando Hills
- “Attire and Makeup for Celebrations” Exhibit Open at Pola Museum Annex in Ginza
- Ginza Mitsukoshi’s Interior Floor is Popular for Fashionable Accessories and Japanese Aesthetics
- Hiroshi Ohnishi on the Ginza Mitsukoshi Department Store Renewal
- The Grand Opening of the Renewed Ginza Mitsukoshi Department Store
- Remodeled Men’s Fashion Floor at Ginza Mitsukoshi Proposes Casual Styles Under a New Concept
- Klein Dytham Architecture Designed “Heineken Star Lounge” Opens in Harajuku
- "BA to MA" INTERIOR EXHIBITION Themed Christmas at Laforet Harajuku