Underwater goldfish art exhibition ‘ECO EDO Nihonbashi Diners Club Art Aquarium 2013 -Edo Coolness of Kingyo -’ will be held at the Nihonbashi Mitsui Hall in Nihonbashi, Tokyo from July 13th to September 23rd.
The exhibition started in 2011 and has drawn audiences of one and a half million. It features goldfish swimming within ‘wa’ (Japanese) themed aquariums, presented alongside a fusion of state-of-the-art lighting and visuals. Pioneer of the integration of art and aquarium that is ‘Art Aquarium,’ Hidetomo Kimura has produced the exhibition since its kick-off.
Exhibits debuting this year include: ‘Kimonorium’ - Kyo Yuzen kimonos of the highest grade embedded into aquariums, displayed with goldfish and 3D projection mapping to render their patterns. ‘Elegance Dance’ - a multitude of goldfish signifying a river current. ‘KALEIDORIUM- a kaleidoscope-like installation. ‘Kingyo Collection’- a display of numerous and rare kinds of goldfish in spherical tanks. All of the above as well as spectacular new works showing for the first time in Japan.
At 7 pm the exhibition transitions to ‘Night Aquarium’ wherein visitors can simultaneously feast both their eyes and tastebuds by enjoying Art Aquarium with Nihonshu (Sake) or original ‘Kingyo Cocktails’ in hand. Live music and DJ performances are scheduled on Saturdays and Sundays.
An added delight will be the original yukata, such as the kaleidoscope-like ‘KALEIDORIUM’ patterned yukata newly merchandised in collaboration with prestigious Kyoto kimono brand Fujii Shibori. Another collaboration with yukata brand Sankatsu of Nihonbashi produced a yukata dyed in Chusen (pouring) style with goldfish patterns taken on Isekata paper. These will be sold at shopping facilities in the Nihonbashi area, and anyone wearing them will be granted limitless admission to the exhibition.
ECO EDO Nihonbashi Diners Club Art Aquarium 2013 -Edo Coolness of Kingyo-
Venue: Nihonbashi Mitsui Hall
Address: Coredo Muromachi 5F, 2-2-1 Nihonbashi Muromachi, Chuo-ku, Tokyo (Entrance on 4F)
Exhibited through: July 13th to September 23rd
Opening/closing times: 11:00am to 11:30pm (last entrance 11:00pm)
Admission fee: Adults - 1000 yen
12yrs and under - 600yen
3yrs and under – free of charge
Goldfish Illusion Makes Comeback in Art Aquarium 2013
Published： Jun 12, 2013, 10:20AM JST
- Akira Uno Talks About the Magic of Picture Books
- Graphic Designer Ikko Tanaka’s Artworks for Issey Miyake’s Latest Collection
- Hokusai and Yuni Yoshida: Collaboration of the Past and Present at Mitsukoshi
- Discover the Personal Sides of Japanese Celebrities at Nobuyoshi Araki's Exhibit at Omotesando Hills
- TeamLab to Unveil an Ocean of Rice at Expo Milano 2015
- Japan’s Living National Treasure Fukumi Shimura Opens Exhibit in Kyoto
- “Attire and Makeup for Celebrations” Exhibit Open at Pola Museum Annex in Ginza
- Mirei Kiritani and Junko Koshino for the Opening of Rune Naitou’s Exhibit
- Leonard Tsuguharu Foujita Exhibit in Commemoration of Movie Starring Joe Odagiri
- Akira Yamaguchi and Gainax for Dom Pérignon
- Japanese Rock Band Buffalo Daughter Celebrates 20th Anniversary
- Omotesando Hills Presents a Cool Atmosphere of Snow and Ice
- Experimental Surf Shop at NAKANOSHIMA DESIGN MUSEUM in Osaka
- Art Aquarium 2013: Goldfish and Beautiful Summer Scenery
- “Eyes of Sori Yanagi” Special Exhibit at The Japan Folk Crafts Museum
- yoshi47 Solo Exhibit Portrays the Monster within Us
- Ellie Omiya’s Works on Exhibit in Ginza, Tokyo
- 3.1 Phillip Lim Bags at Isetan Pop-Up. Interior Design by Jo Nagasaka of Schemata Architects
- “COSPLAY made in Japan” Exhibit by Yuji Susaki Featuring dempagumi.inc
- Fujiwo Ishimoto, Former Textile Designer for marimekko. Solo Exhibit in Ehime
- Masked Ball by Louis Vuitton in Tokyo. Exhibit of Muses including Kate Moss and Sofia Coppola
- Danmitsu Wears Nothing but Saint Laurent to Leslie Kee Barneys New York Exhibit
- Gucci × REBIRTH PROJECT by Yusuke Iseya Opens the “Meoncentric theory” Exhibit
- “PARTY Not There.” Exhibit at ggg
- Asae Soya Exhibit “Sora Iro” at Contemporary Art Gallery of Art Tower Mito
- Tomoe Shinohara Dresses Up Yumin!