Kyary Pamyu Pamyu performed at the “Sonic Bang 2013” held in Bangkok, Thailand on Aug 24. Approx. 10,000 people gathered to see her performance.
Sonic Bang is the first international music event held in Thailand. Around 50,000 music fans throughout the region from Malaysia, the Philippines, Indonesia and others attended the event. 40 groups from around the world participated as performers including the Pet Shop Boys and Far East Movement. From Japan, Kyary Pamyu Pamyu, MIYAVI and SCANDAL participated.
Kyary was surrounded by awaiting fans as she arrived at Suvarnabhumi International Airport on Aug 22. After greeting the crowd in the Thai language with a smile, Kyary added in Japanese, “This is going to be my first live performance in Thailand. I am honored to be able to perform at the same event as many prestigious artists from around the world. I hope that you will enjoy my performance.”
The following day, Kyary handled many interviews from local TV media such as Channel 7 and MTV Thailand. She also answered to interviews by magazines such as S Cawaii, NYLON Thailand and Seventeen Thailand. Over 20 types of media featured on Kyary to make apparent her popularity in the country.
On the day of her performance, Kyary was welcomed by excited cheers from fans wearing handmade costumes imaged after her. After a short greeting in the Thai language, Kyary sang “Invader Invader,” “PONPONPON” and “Tsuke Matsukeru,” ending her performance with great success.
Kyary Pamyu Pamyu Performs Live at First Music Festival in Bangkok
Published： Aug 27, 2013, 4:30PM JST
- Osaka POP: Mio & Tsukushi are Born!
- Baby, The Stars Shine Bright: Tea Party at Laduree
- Osaka POP Culture to the World: Official Character Ideas and Cosplayers Welcome!!!
- shu uemura and Takashi Murakami: Collaboration Takes Off Amid Cosplay and Live Performances
- Kyary Pamyu Pamyu Performs Live at First Music Festival in Bangkok
- Kyary Pamyu Pamyu’s Stylist Kumiko Iijima Creates a Pastel World of Jellyfish at Isetan
- Yasutaka Nakata of “CAPSULE” Releases New Album, New Sound
- Kyary Pamyu Pamyu’s Agency Opens “ASOBISTATION” at CUTE CUBE HARAJUKU
- Beautiful Cosplayer Alodia Gosiengfiao Visits Japan and Explores Tokyo Kawaii
- Isetan Mitsukoshi to Open its “Cool Japan” Concept Store in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Little Thing Magazine from China Presents a Pop-Up of Girly Fashion at Isetan Shinjuku
- Singapore's Isetan Hosts Pop-Up Focusing on Japanese Fashion Brands
- Intertextile Shanghai 2015: The Chinese Textiles Industry Continues to Focus on Ecology and High Fashion
- The Largest Ever Intertextile Shanghai Spotlights Japanese Textiles
- Exclusive Photos of Nogizaka46’s Collaboration with Japanese Department Store Isetan
- Perfume and Isetan Shinjuku Collaboration Communicates the Powers of Japan
- “Our Moment” Fragrance by One Direction Comes to Japan
- 3,000 Dancers Flock to Makuhari for Mammoth Dance Event “DANCE NATION 2013”
- Former AKB48 Member: Tomomi Itano Lights Up Roppongi Hills
- Yumi Matsutoya and Anrealage Designer Get Together at Isetan Shinjuku
- Bjork Sports Headpiece Designed by Maiko Takeda for the Cover of Her New Album Vulnicura
- New Color Frame Sunglasses from Max Pittion by John Mayer
- Ringo Sheena Wears Issey Miyake for “Nippon” Video
- Hajime Tachibana × Jun Takahashi of UNDERCOVER on “Tokyo, Fashion and Music” Part 6/6
- "BA to MA" Tradeshow in October at Harajuku and Omotesando
- Gucci × Namie Amuro × Vogue Japan for Fashion’s Night Out