In line with the release of her second solo single “Birthday wedding,” AKB48 member Yuki Kashiwagi collaborates with bridal magazine “Zexy.” Kashiwagi will pose for the cover of the magazine in a wedding dress and also serve as the first special editor in chief.
Kashiwagi’s latest single will be used as the song for Zexy’s latest TV ad. The new song includes happy lyrics such as “let’s get married on your birthday” and “your smile and presence means everything, you comfort me.”
22-year old Kashiwagi is a member of AKB48, which forbids its members from dating. Even so, she is just like any other girl and dreams of getting married one day. “This is the first time for me to work on a project related to marriage. As a girl, the concept of marriage is very special. As editor in chief, I thought about marriage proposals and I realized that if the person I love were proposing to me, I would be happy with just about anything.”
Posing as the editor in chief, Kashiwagi dressed up in a suit and wore glasses. Based on a questionnaire answered by 200 men, Kashiwagi selected 10 best marriage proposals. In the interview for the magazine, she talked about her values regarding marriage and the ideal proposal.
“Birthday wedding” will be in stores from Oct 16, and Zexy’s latest TV ad airs from Sept 22. The November issue of Zexy will be in stores from Sept 23.
Yuki Kashiwagi of AKB48 Says “Let’s Get Married”
Published： Sep 13, 2013, 12:45PM JST
- Demonstrating Domestic Skills: Yumi Katsura Pearl Dress and More at “The World’s Best from Japan”
- Yuki Kashiwagi of AKB48 Says “Let’s Get Married”
- 【SMALL TALK by Tommy】ONE LOVE
- “Lover’s Sanctuary” Event at Roppongi Hills Observation Deck
- Artist Kenji Yanobe Seeking Couples to Wed at Aichi Triennale
- The Debut of “Ginza Style Beauty” at Mitsukoshi Department Store
- Little Thing Magazine from China Presents a Pop-Up of Girly Fashion at Isetan Shinjuku
- Art Receptive to Light on T-Shirts by GAP × VISIONAIRE
- Daito Manabe and Kishin Shinoyama for New Magazine ART FUSION
- Gorgeous Show by mastermind JAPAN at Sense Festival
- Exclusive Photos of Nogizaka46’s Collaboration with Japanese Department Store Isetan
- Perfume and Isetan Shinjuku Collaboration Communicates the Powers of Japan
- “Our Moment” Fragrance by One Direction Comes to Japan
- 3,000 Dancers Flock to Makuhari for Mammoth Dance Event “DANCE NATION 2013”
- Former AKB48 Member: Tomomi Itano Lights Up Roppongi Hills
- Hello Kitty in 62 Different Outfits. Exhibit at Fukoku Seimei Building in Tokyo
- Creative Unit “Go On” from Japan Stands Up to Preserve Traditional Crafts
- The Rose of Versailles Prepares Isetan Shinjuku for the New Year
- Kyary Pamyu Pamyu’s Stylist Kumiko Iijima Creates a Pastel World of Jellyfish at Isetan
- Attack on Titan Invades the Ueno Royal Museum
- Isetan Mitsukoshi’s Private Brand Number Twenty-One Collaborates with Makoto Kagoshima
- Interview with Noritaka Tatehana. “I used to be Self-Centered, but Now I Want to Help Preserve Japanese Cultures”.
- Alexander McQueen and Globe-Trotter Team-Up for “Shopping is Great Britain” Campaign in Japan
- Sacai’s Fur Clutch and Stella McCartney’s Falabella Bag Available in Limited Editions at Ginza Mitsukoshi
- Enlightenment Exhibit Covers 15 Years of its History including Portraits of Radiohead
- “PARTY Not There.” Exhibit at ggg