Executive of the prolific creative unit Rhizomatiks, Seiichi Saito is directing an exhibit titled “Not Architect, But Architecture” at Omotesando GYRE art space, EYE OF GYRE. From October 23rd to November 4th.
The exhibit includes installations that are made possible with Rhizomatiks' projection mapping and match move systems, interviews on artists of various fields who have once studied architecture, talk show events, and footages.
Featured are “architects who quit architecture.” Creators who once pursued architecture during college or graduate school but did not choose to become an architect will explore the future of architecture via technology and art. Why did they choose a different field over architecture for their creative output? How are these creators influenced by the mindset of architecture and its education? The answers are discernible in their works.
The exhibit also seeks to extend the scope of architecture by introducing the latest technologies that create the “virtual world”- a domain which sees advancements at the speed of light yet still left unrecognized in the field of architecture.
Main displays include:
-FUELEST… an interactive event by NIKE LONDON that took place in a power station in London
-FULL CONTROL YOUR CITY… au by KDDI commercial illustrating how anyone can control Tokyo with just a mobile phone
- FULL CONTROL TOKYO… an interactive event with Kyarypamyupamyu that took place at Zojo-ji Temple, two months after the FULL CONTROL YOUR CITY commercial aired on TV
Participants include: web designer and footage director Yugo Nakamura, art buyer and producer Akio Iida, Ryosuke Takei who pursues communication through bicycles, and more.
Rhizomatiks Exhibit “Not Architect, But Architecture” at GYRE
Published： Oct 23, 2013, 7:30PM JST
- Rhizomatiks and Perfume. LED Costumes and Project Mapping Revealed
- Perfume Exhibit by Rhizomatiks at Tokyo Opera City ICC
- Creative Unit Rhizomatiks Famous for Perfume and au TV Commercial Messages Presents New Installation
- New Website Introduces 3D Projection Mapping with Tokyo as Stage
- REBECCAMINKOFF Ginza Store Celebrates 1 Year Annivesary. 3D Projection Mapping Recreates the City of New York
- 【2013-14 AW Tokyo Collection】“C.E” Featuring 3D Projection Mapping Closes the Curtains of Tokyo Collection
- Anrealage Debuts in Paris with Astounding Japanese Beauty (2015 SS)
- Anrealage at Paris Fashion Week with Daito Manabe and Shige Kaneko
- New Campaign Visuals for Isetan Shinjuku- Art Direction by Daito Manabe
- Anrealage Designer and Rhizomatiks Founder on Fashion and Technology at ASVOFF TOKYO
- Daito Manabe and Adrian Sherwood for electraglide in Makuhari
- Japan’s Living National Treasure Fukumi Shimura Opens Exhibit in Kyoto
- “Attire and Makeup for Celebrations” Exhibit Open at Pola Museum Annex in Ginza
- Mirei Kiritani and Junko Koshino for the Opening of Rune Naitou’s Exhibit
- Leonard Tsuguharu Foujita Exhibit in Commemoration of Movie Starring Joe Odagiri
- Discover the Personal Sides of Japanese Celebrities at Nobuyoshi Araki's Exhibit at Omotesando Hills
- Makoto Azuma, Noritaka Tange and Yasumichi Morita Come Together for the Renovation of Isetan's Home Interior Floor
- Architect Ryuji Nakamura Reinterprets the Circular Series by 132 5. Issey Miyake
- Bottega Veneta Seeks to Save Cultural Landmarks in Japan
- A Look Inside Zaha Hadid’s Solo Exhibit in Japan
- Antoni Gaudi × Takehiko Inoue Exhibit Opens at Roppongi Hills
- Q Plaza Harajuku is the New Landmark Connecting Shibuya and Omotesando
- Iiser Loen by Ieri Design Products Opens Flagship at Omotesando Hills
- Yasuhiro Mihara Produced Select Shop Opens at Omotesando Hills
- J.W. Anderson Attends Opening of CASA LOEWE Omotesando
- 2014 SS Tokyo: Discovered “Elegant Styles for Men with Young Hearts”
- BASE Opens Offline Store during Aosando Art Fair