For 2014’s Salon du Chocolat event, Koji Tsuchiya of Theobroma will reproduce the chocolate introduced in the manga “Shitsuren Chocolatier.”
6 types of bonbon chocolates from the manga including the one decorated with the 4-leaf clover from the store “choco la vie” in story 3 of Book 1 will be made.
The special chocolate assortment will be sold exclusively starting with Isetan Shinjuku (will be sold between Jan 22 to 27, 2014). They will also be sold at JR Kyoto Isetan, JR Osaka Mitsukoshi Isetan, Iwataya main store, Nagoya Sakae Mitsukoshi, Sendai Mitsukoshi and Marui Imai Sapporo main store.
The manga is about a guy named Sota Koyurugi who moves to France to become a chocolatier to impress a girl named Saeko, who he has a crush on. It won the 36th Kodansha Manga Award for Best Shojo Manga and the 2nd anan Manga Grand Prize. The manga is available until the 7th book with the total number of copies exceeding 1 million. The author Setona Mizushiro is known to be a fan of chocolate and she designed the charity box for the Salon du Chocolat event held this January.
The manga will be made into a TV drama series by Fuji Television next January, starring Jun Matsumoto of the popular idol group Arashi.
(c) Setona Mizushiro/ Shougakukan Flower Comics Alpha
Theobroma Recreates Chocolates from “Shitsuren Chocolatier”
Published： Nov 30, 2013, 12:45AM JST
- State of the Art Chocolate at World’s Largest Chocolate Festival “Salon du Chocolat”
- Proud Leader of Sales in Food Department Exhibition, “Salon du Chocolat” to Unveil its Curtains
- Valentine Collection 2013 from Susumu Koyama Including Pieces Awarded by Salon du Chocolat
- Bvlgari Ginza Tower Presents “Chocolate Gems” in Red Box
- Salon du Chocolat 2016 in Japan Spotlights the Innovative Aspects of Chocolate and the Fascination of Cacao
- Limited Sales: Yvan Valentin at Barneys New York Ginza
- Valentine’s and White Day Items from Max Brenner
- Jean-Paul Hevin Interview 2/2: His Insatiable Curiosity for Cacao
- Jean-Paul Hevin Interview 1/2: A Chocolatier with Aspects of a Couturier
- Blissful Collaboration Between Mikimoto x Laduree Presents Macarons Embellished with Pearls
- Find the Perfect Gift Before Your Flight at Haneda Airport!!
- Printemps Ginza Renewal Focuses on Foods and Sports
- The Rose of Versailles Prepares Isetan Shinjuku for the New Year
- Anrealage Collaborates with “Attack on Titan”
- Attack on Titan Invades the Ueno Royal Museum
- Ultraman × BAPE KIDS at Isetan Shinjuku
- The Rose of Versailles and DRESSCAMP at Isetan Shinjuku
- Akira Uno Talks About the Magic of Picture Books
- Digital Technology and Couture: Isetan Mitsukoshi on the Future of Fashion
- Passion and Design: Akira Naka’s Signature Couture Knitwear (Interview: Part 2)
- Passion and Design: Akira Naka’s Signature Couture Knitwear (Interview: Part 1)
- Kanda’s 100-Year Kimono Textile Store Proposes Yukata Styles for the Summer
- Isetan Mitsukoshi’s Private Brand Number Twenty-One Collaborates with Makoto Kagoshima
- Miranda Kerr Wows Crowd at Isetan and Samantha Thavasa Collaboration Fashion Show
- Exclusive Photos of Nogizaka46’s Collaboration with Japanese Department Store Isetan
- Graphic Designer Ikko Tanaka’s Artworks for Issey Miyake’s Latest Collection
- BE@RBRICKs and Klaus Haapaniemi for Isetan Mitsukoshi Christmas Charity Project
- Mode in France and Collections Francaises Joint Press Release; Talks from Yoko Kawashima and Francoise Morechand