JUN produces “Cafe de Rope La mer” and a new brand “LE JUN” at “AEON Mall Makuhari Shin Toshin,” a new commercial facility making its grand open on Dec 20 in Chiba.
Launched in 1972, “Cafe de Rope La mer” attracted massive attention and was a symbol of Harajuku. Parisian style outdoor seating was introduced, which was rare in those days. The cafe soon became a hot spot for celebrities, fashion models and creators. The cafe re-opened as a pop-up beach house in Hayama in 2009 and since had been opening each summer. In Makuhari, it will open as a permanent orthodox bistro style cafe.
The interior design is handled by TRANSIT GENERAL OFFICE INC., creating an image of a relaxing bistro full of families and tourists off-street in a waterfront town in southern France.
Leading French chef Takemasa Kinoshita, who also produced “LADIES& GENTLEMEN” at Isetan Shinjuku, will take part as the food producer. The menu lineup introduces “avocado and roasted beef panini (860 yen),” a revived popular menu with modern arrangement, “colorful nicoise-style La mer salad (830 yen),” “La mer lemonade pop (700 yen)” and more. From Dec 20 to 31, a limited-time service of traditional French-style cafe au lait served by a garcon at the table will be revived in commemoration of the opening.
The new brand “LE JUN” offers European style items at reasonable prices. It proposes simple designed items for men, women, kids and sundries in 5 different scenes: USUAL, WORK, TRIP, CARE and FAMILY. Starting from Dec 20, the first 300 to purchase over 5,000 yen will receive a drink voucher for “Cafe de Rope La mer” and the first 300 to purchase over 8,000 yen will receive a document bag as the grand opening privilege.
A talk session in commemoration of the shop revival will also be held at Shimokitazawa B&B from 7 pm on Dec 14. Book director Yoshitaka Haba will MC the event, with fashion stylist Yasuko Takahashi aka “Omotesando Yacco-san” attending as the main guest to talk about episodes of the cafe.
Harajuku Legend “Cafe de Rope La mer” Revives at AEON Mall Makuhari
Published： Dec 14, 2013, 1:58PM JST
- GUNDAM, Otomate, Railroads and More Japan Pop at AEON Mall Makuhari Shin Toshin
- Kandu Opens in Japan at AEON Mall Makuhari Shin Toshin
- Preview of AEON Mall Makuhari Shin Toshin Part 5: Pet Mall for Cat and Dog Lovers
- Preview of AEON Mall Makuhari Shin Toshin Part 4: Active Mall has the Support of Professional Sports Players
- Preview of AEON Mall Makuhari Shin Toshin Part 3: Special Effects and Job Experiences at the Family Mall
- Anna Sui and Keita Maruyama Each Debuts New Brand at Isetan Mitsukoshi Stores
- Palace of Versailles and Marie Antoinette Inspired Lifestyle Brand Debuts at Isetan Shinjuku
- Tac:tac Replaces the Site of a Dance Studio to Open its First Directly Operated Store in Koenji, Tokyo
- Hidetoshi Nakata for Descente. Watch the Star Try His Hand at Golf
- “A” Defined by Simplicity and the Twelve Apostles
- Trip to Kyoto: Japanese Bath House from the Taisho Period Renewed as a Retro Cafe
- Blue Bottle Coffee Opens First Overseas Cafe in Tokyo, Japan
- The Apple Inc. of Coffee "Blue Bottle" Opens First Overseas Cafe in Japan
- Haneda Airport Offers Great Food and Beauty Services
- Concept Store for IMA at Roppongi AXIS. Space Design by JTQ and Kohei Nawa
- Isetan Mitsukoshi for Japan Expo in Preparation of New Store Opening in Paris
- Philippe Lebru of Utinam Besancon Designs Giant Pendulum Clock for Via Bus Stop Store in Aoyama, Tokyo
- Q Plaza Harajuku is the New Landmark Connecting Shibuya and Omotesando
- Iiser Loen by Ieri Design Products Opens Flagship at Omotesando Hills
- Isetan Salone: Charming Display of Collaborations with Hyke, Mame and Taro Horiuchi for Tokyo Midtown Opening
- Ghost in the Shell Collaborates with DISCOVERED After Pharrell Williams and NIGO
- diptyque from Paris Opens in Japan