Junichi Abe of kolor was selected as the main guest designer for the 84th Pitti Immagine Uomo. It had been 4 years since a Japanese designer was invited as guest. For the event, kolor presented its 2014 SS collection. Currently open at Isetan Shinjuku Men’s Building (2F) is a pop-up event for the brand. Until Jan 7.
The brand first introduced a seasonal theme for its designs when the opportunity to participate in Pitti arose. The theme for the 2014 SS collection is “happiness.” Introducing Hawaiian prints, the lightweight and sporty designs portray an air of happiness with nuance a dash different from past collections.
Different materials are combined as accents- such as styling classic silhouettes with collar and hem made with printed fabrics, and organdy fabric sticking out from the hem of shorts.
For the current event, 4 styles of Isetan exclusive items are being sold. Jacket (69,300 yen), shirt (30,450 yen), shorts (28,350 yen) and tee (31,500 yen) are available in black and white aloha motifs.
For those who spend over 73,500 yen, a hair styling kit from the salon “TWIGGY” will be provided as a gift (limited in number). The gift comes in an originally designed pouch and consists of sachets of hair oil, gel, mist, shampoo and treatment. The travel size pouch with handle is adorned with the brand’s logo in gold embroidery and is made of navy nep tweed melton that was also used for kolor’s collection.
The event is a part of a bigger one imaged after Pitti being held at Isetan Men’s from Dec 26. It is a great opportunity to check out the designs of a Japanese brand which has been acknowledged by the rest of the world.
kolor Pop-Up for Pitti Event at Isetan Men’s. Exclusive Aloha Pattern Items Available
Published： Dec 28, 2013, 11:11AM JST
- ISSEY MIYAKE MEN Fly Front Sneakers Introduce Rainbows and Magma
- Pitti Immagine Uomo in Rock Taste at Isetan Men
- Onitsuka Tiger × Andrea Pompilio: First Women’s Line
- kolor Pop-Up for Pitti Event at Isetan Men’s. Exclusive Aloha Pattern Items Available
- Pitti Immagine Uomo × Isetan Men’s Event Opens
- Support for Tohoku through Art. Issey Miyake, Anrealage and writtenafterwards for “Kiss the Heart”
- Special Exhibit by Yoko Ono “Sky TV for Hokkaido” at Shinjuku
- Christian Bonnefoi Artworks Blend with Hideyuki Nakayama Designs at Maison Hermes
- Ephemerality at Espace Louis Vuitton “Traces of Disappearance”: Gummy Stained Glass and Cage of Peace
- Stay at Art Decorated Hotel Rooms by Yayoi Kusama, Nobuyoshi Araki and More
- Home Fragrances by Shiseido × Isetan Mitsukoshi Express the Beauty of Springtime in Japan
- Makoto Azuma, Noritaka Tange and Yasumichi Morita Come Together for the Renovation of Isetan's Home Interior Floor
- Isetan Salone: Charming Display of Collaborations with Hyke, Mame and Taro Horiuchi for Tokyo Midtown Opening
- Japan’s It Girl Mona Matsuoka Blossoms Out to the World
- Kohei Nawa, Chikashi Suzuki and More Demonstrate Isetan Mitsukoshi’s “This is Japan” Message
- Iiser Loen by Ieri Design Products Opens Flagship at Omotesando Hills
- White Mountaineering Maintains True Self and Focuses on Functional Urban Styles (2015-16 A/W)
- Kim Jones Dedicates Louis Vuitton Collection to Christopher Nemeth (2015-16 A/W)
- Comme des Garcons Homme Dresses Up Classic Items (2015-16 A/W)
- Formal Wear Reinvented by Comme des Garcons Junya Watanabe Man (2015-16 A/W)
- Fashion Headline Perspective: National Costumes for Miss International 2013
- 【Editor in Chief Blog】Happy Holidays! The Start of the Chronicle of Japanese Fashion Magazines