kate spade new york will open its first flagship store outside of the US around March or April of this year. The new store will be located in Japan at the address: 5-5-19 Ginza, Chuo-ku, Tokyo.
The store will be 421.9 square meters and 3 stories in height. The facade will be decorated with bows symbolic to the brand. In addition to a full lineup of handbags, apparel, shoes and bridal items, an exclusively designed handbag (57,750 yen) will be sold.
The 1st floor will introduce the highest quality “Madison Avenue Collection” for the first time in Asia. Handbags, jewelry and watches will also be available in the interior decorated with the “Floral Handbag Tree” created by US artist Joseph Kohen. On the 2nd floor, Japan’s largest lineup of apparel and shoes will be sold.
Under the concept, “one for you, two for me,” the 3rd floor will line up party dresses and gift items. A private shopping corner dubbed the “kate spade suite” and bar to serve drinks and sweets will also be set up. At the “suite,” events will be held on a monthly basis.
Ayako Yanagisawa, the president of kate spade japan says, “We will propose hints to ‘live colorfully’ through our collections, monthly events and services.”
New kate spade Flagship Store in Ginza, Tokyo with Bar
Published： Jan 9, 2014, 12:00AM JST
- Ippudo NY's New Uniforms Designed by Engineered Garments
- 2014-15 AW pas de calais: Bucolic Simplicity
- Uniqlo × MoMA Surprises New York with Warhol, Basquiat, Haring and More
- Kansai Yamamoto Meets Young Designers “Designs do not need to be Local” 3/3
- New kate spade Flagship Store in Ginza, Tokyo with Bar
- “Attire and Makeup for Celebrations” Exhibit Open at Pola Museum Annex in Ginza
- Ginza Mitsukoshi’s Interior Floor is Popular for Fashionable Accessories and Japanese Aesthetics
- Hiroshi Ohnishi on the Ginza Mitsukoshi Department Store Renewal
- The Grand Opening of the Renewed Ginza Mitsukoshi Department Store
- Remodeled Men’s Fashion Floor at Ginza Mitsukoshi Proposes Casual Styles Under a New Concept
- Proenza Schouler Designers Visit Japan. Pop-Up Event at Isetan Shinjuku
- Maison Margiela Opens New Store at Ginza Mitsukoshi
- Tod's Flower Bag in Exclusive Ginza Mitsukoshi Blue and Navy Combination
- The New Fourth Floor of Ginza Mitsukoshi Targets High End Female Customers from Around the World
- Valentino Showcases L’Amour Capsule Collection at Isetan’s Tokyo Midtown Shop
- Isetan Mitsukoshi for Japan Expo in Preparation of New Store Opening in Paris
- Philippe Lebru of Utinam Besancon Designs Giant Pendulum Clock for Via Bus Stop Store in Aoyama, Tokyo
- Q Plaza Harajuku is the New Landmark Connecting Shibuya and Omotesando
- Iiser Loen by Ieri Design Products Opens Flagship at Omotesando Hills
- Isetan Salone: Charming Display of Collaborations with Hyke, Mame and Taro Horiuchi for Tokyo Midtown Opening
- Graphics Designed by kolor at International Gallery Beams
- Second Most Googled Michael Kors Tops SNS Popularity