ato presents a fragrance candle in collaboration with men's grooming brand “Baxter of California.” Dubbed “Night Ritual,” the candle costs 7,980 yen.
Under the concept “Skin/Natural/Ritual,” the candle is the scent of citrus with grapefruit and mandarin as the top note, followed by geranium and pomegranate for the middle note, and lime musk and cedar for the base note. The wax is in midnight blue color and the packaging in black and gold.
The candle will be pre-sold from Jan 27 at Daikanyama Tsutaya Books, along with books which inspired designer Ato Matsumoto for “Night Ritual” and designs from the 2014 SS ato collection which are in line with the candle’s image. The candle will go on sale from the beginning of next month at ato stores and more.
Baxter of California was launched by Baxter Finley, who moved from New York to Los Angeles and saw a demand for men’s daily skin care. In 1965, the brand’s headquarters opened in Beverly Hills, and the brand was popular among Hollywood stars in the 70s. In 2006, the packaging was updated and the products were categorized by skin types. In the past, the brand has teamed up with colette in Paris and Saturdays Surf NYC. This is the first project with a Japanese fashion brand.
Night Ritual Candle from ato in Collaboration with Baxter of California
Published： Jan 16, 2014, 12:00AM JST
- First Fragrance by MIHARAYASUHIRO with Organic Brand “SHIGETA”
- Nuit d'Issey: New Men’s Fragrance from Issey Miyake
- New Scent from COMME des GARCONS: Team-Up with Hat Designer Stephen Jones
- Fresh New Scent from PLEATS PLEASE ISSEY MIYAKE
- Night Ritual Candle from ato in Collaboration with Baxter of California
- The Debut of “Ginza Style Beauty” at Mitsukoshi Department Store
- Ginza Mitsukoshi's Thriving Cosmetics Floor is Renewed with the Focus on Japanese Beauty
- Shu Uemura Picks Up the Fashion Headline Cosmetics Award for 2015
- Lady Gaga Contributes 50 Selfies to New Shiseido Campaign
- Jun Hasegawa is the New Face of Anessa by Shiseido
- Kanda’s 100-Year Kimono Textile Store Proposes Yukata Styles for the Summer
- Isetan Mitsukoshi’s Private Brand Number Twenty-One Collaborates with Makoto Kagoshima
- Miranda Kerr Wows Crowd at Isetan and Samantha Thavasa Collaboration Fashion Show
- Exclusive Photos of Nogizaka46’s Collaboration with Japanese Department Store Isetan
- Graphic Designer Ikko Tanaka’s Artworks for Issey Miyake’s Latest Collection
- The Grand Opening of the Renewed Ginza Mitsukoshi Department Store
- Remodeled Men’s Fashion Floor at Ginza Mitsukoshi Proposes Casual Styles Under a New Concept
- Luigi Borrelli Dresses Up Remodeled Men’s Fashion Floor at Ginza Mitsukoshi
- Ginza Mitsukoshi Reveals Remodeled Men’s Fashion Floor Vol. 2
- Interview with Noritaka Tatehana. “I used to be Self-Centered, but Now I Want to Help Preserve Japanese Cultures”.
- Alexander McQueen and Globe-Trotter Team-Up for “Shopping is Great Britain” Campaign in Japan
- Sacai’s Fur Clutch and Stella McCartney’s Falabella Bag Available in Limited Editions at Ginza Mitsukoshi
- Patek Philippe Watches Exhibit including Wagner and Tolstoy’s Favorites
- Kansai Yamamoto × Yoshikazu Yamagata at Isetan Shinjuku