Sogo & Seibu Co., Ltd. will sell products designed in collaboration with Oki Sato-led design office “nendo.” The shopping space dubbed “by|n” lining up the products will open at the department stores starting April.
Targeting those in their twenties to thirties, who place importance on design when purchasing daily sundries, products under the concept “resolve small discomforts in life through the powers of design” will be available. The lineup includes 70 items such as tableware, lighting, towels, fragrances, shirts, shoes, bags, eyewear and necklaces. Each of the products is simple, stylish and high in quality. From April, the products will be sold at Seibu Ikebukuro and Shibuya and from fall, at Sogo Yokohama. By next year, the lineup will be available at all main stores. Some of the items will also be sold at Loft stores.
From “by|n meister,” created in collaboration with traditional factories in Japan, 8 genres totaling to 50 items such as woodwork, cutlery, Arita ware, Japanese paper, Nishijin silk fabrics, Kana-ami ware (handmade wire netting utensils), lacquer ware and Wakasa chopsticks (after May) are presented. The collection is currently being pre-sold at Seibu Ikebukuro and Shibuya, and Sogo Yokohama and Omiya stores.
Interior and Fashion Items Designed by nendo at Sogo and Seibu
Published： Feb 4, 2014, 1:45PM JST
- nendo × Japanese Traditional Manufacturers at Sogo and Seibu
- Design Office nendo × Otsuka Furniture Opens “Edition Blue Premiere Yokohama”
- Collaboration Store “Edition Blue Aoyama” by IDC Otsuka Furniture and Oki Sato of nendo
- Design Office nendo Collaborates with Kokuyo Furniture to Create New Office Furniture Brand “ofon”
- TIFFANY & CO. to Open Largest Domestic Store at KOBE Sogo
- Interior and Fashion Items Designed by nendo at Sogo and Seibu
- Kit Kat Specialty Store in Ikebukuro with Supervision from Pastry Chef Yasumasa Takagi
- The Founder of the Saison Group, Seiji Tsutsumi Dies at 86
- October Financial Results for Five Japanese Department Stores
- “BY KAMAWANU” Fuses Japanese and International Elements
- Hot Topic: Third Store in Japan for Flying Tiger Copenhagen
- Withstand Harsh Weather with Sunnywink: MOONBAT and Teijin Frontier Start High Function Umbrella Brand
- Kawaii Culture Exposed at “Kawaii et cetera” in Paris January 2014
- Kyoto's Tea Caddy Brand and its Surprising Relationship with Champagne Krug
- Creative Unit “Go On” from Japan Stands Up to Preserve Traditional Crafts
- Tokujin Yoshioka Designs the First Japanese Smartphone Equipped with Firefox
- Disney × nendo Furniture at Interior Lifestyle Tokyo
- New Art by Marc Newson: Japanese Sword “aikuchi”
- Isetan Mitsukoshi Debuts its Luxury Japanese Brand Proposing Gorgeous Lifestyles
- Bijuu in Kyoto, Japan, the Perfect Hotel for a Luxurious and Memorable Stay
- Benoit Astier de Villatte on the Japan Collection with Isetan Shinjuku
- Ginza Mitsukoshi’s Interior Floor is Popular for Fashionable Accessories and Japanese Aesthetics
- The Grand Opening of the Renewed Ginza Mitsukoshi Department Store
- Isetan Mitsukoshi’s Private Brand Number Twenty-One Collaborates with Makoto Kagoshima
- Interview with Noritaka Tatehana. “I used to be Self-Centered, but Now I Want to Help Preserve Japanese Cultures”.
- Alexander McQueen and Globe-Trotter Team-Up for “Shopping is Great Britain” Campaign in Japan
- Sacai’s Fur Clutch and Stella McCartney’s Falabella Bag Available in Limited Editions at Ginza Mitsukoshi
- The Debut of “Ginza Style Beauty” at Mitsukoshi Department Store
- 2014 SS: Elegant Mix of the 50s by sakayori.
- Opening of LaLa Terrace at Musashi-Kosugi to Support Fashionable Lifestyles