Daisuke Obana, designer of the Japanese brand “N.HOOLYWOOD,” is the new creative director for Converse. In line with the appointment, the apparel line CONS RENNOVATOR will debut from the 2015 SS season.
CONS RENNOVATOR targets those in their twenties to thirties with a keen interest in fashion. For the launch, roughly 20 styles including outerwear, cut and sews and bottoms will be sold.
The name of the new line is a combination of the words “Innovator” and “Renovation.” “Our intention is to fuse the old and new to create innovative designs for innovative people,” explained Obana.
Converse and N.HOOLYWOOD have worked together over the years to design collaboration shoes, which led to recent events. Obana gained inspiration from past Converse activewear designs and introduced modern touches for his first collection as creative director.
The first collaboration between Converse and N.HOOLYWOOD took place in March 2005 and was followed by two projects for the high-end line “CONVERSE ADDICT.”
N.HOOLYWOOD Designer as Creative Director for Converse
Published： Aug 18, 2014, 11:36AM JST
- Anna Sui and Keita Maruyama Each Debuts New Brand at Isetan Mitsukoshi Stores
- Palace of Versailles and Marie Antoinette Inspired Lifestyle Brand Debuts at Isetan Shinjuku
- Tac:tac Replaces the Site of a Dance Studio to Open its First Directly Operated Store in Koenji, Tokyo
- Hidetoshi Nakata for Descente. Watch the Star Try His Hand at Golf
- “A” Defined by Simplicity and the Twelve Apostles
- Passion and Design: Akira Naka’s Signature Couture Knitwear (Interview: Part 2)
- Passion and Design: Akira Naka’s Signature Couture Knitwear (Interview: Part 1)
- Yumi Matsutoya and Anrealage Designer Get Together at Isetan Shinjuku
- Little Black Dresses Designed by It and Future Designers on Display at Isetan Shinjuku
- Interview with Noritaka Tatehana. “I used to be Self-Centered, but Now I Want to Help Preserve Japanese Cultures”.
- Interview: Noritaka Tatehana and His Creative Team Supported by Japanese Artisans
- Isetan Mitsukoshi to Take Part in France’s Premiere Classe for the First Time
- Iris van Herpen and Noritaka Tatehana Present Collaboration Crystal Shoes without Heels
- Dr. Martens × Y’s in Snake Pattern
- Kanda’s 100-Year Kimono Textile Store Proposes Yukata Styles for the Summer
- Isetan Mitsukoshi’s Private Brand Number Twenty-One Collaborates with Makoto Kagoshima
- Miranda Kerr Wows Crowd at Isetan and Samantha Thavasa Collaboration Fashion Show
- Exclusive Photos of Nogizaka46’s Collaboration with Japanese Department Store Isetan
- Graphic Designer Ikko Tanaka’s Artworks for Issey Miyake’s Latest Collection
- ISSEY MIYAKE MEN: Happy Tropical Styles (2015 SS)
- Haneda Airport Offers Great Food and Beauty Services