Shiseido, the leading Japanese cosmetics company, announced that Lady Gaga will be the face of the brand’s New Year ad campaign. The campaign features 50 different selfies of Gaga, which will appear separately in 50 daily newspapers across Japan. The striking images will also be introduced on Shiseido’s official website during the New Year holidays.
Shiseido anticipates the future of society to be increasingly more diverse and for consumer behavior to change as well. The company will endeavor to express the diversity of perceptions in beauty and support different views. Shiseido’s strategy named "Vision 2020" focuses on a consumer-based viewpoint and will serve as one of the key concepts for the brand in preparation for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
Through her variety of styles, Gaga is one of the most influential stars in the world when it comes to music and fashion. Her intriguing taste in fashion attracts a global audience who adore her as an icon. Through Gaga, Shiseido’s campaign will carry the message of “you should live how you want.” The collaboration between Gaga and Shiseido has just begun, and more projects are planned for the coming year.
Note from our editors added on Dec 30:
Gaga shared her thoughts on this new project via Twitter today.
"I'm so excited to start a makeup revolution in Japan! The 50 Selfies celebrate Haus of Gaga creations & the future of the face w/ @Shiseido!"
Lady Gaga Contributes 50 Selfies to New Shiseido Campaign
Published： Dec 29, 2015, 8:22PM JST
- Home Fragrances by Shiseido × Isetan Mitsukoshi Express the Beauty of Springtime in Japan
- Lady Gaga Reveals Her Personal Side through Selfies for Shiseido Campaign
- Lady Gaga Contributes 50 Selfies to New Shiseido Campaign
- Kiko Mizuhara Blows a Kiss at Shiseido MAQuillAGE Presentation
- Jun Hasegawa is the New Face of Anessa by Shiseido
- Isetan Mitsukoshi Invites 14-Year-Old Mappy to be a Part of the “This is Japan” Instagram Project
- Bottega Veneta Seeks to Save Cultural Landmarks in Japan
- LINE Stickers from FASHION HEADLINE on Sale!
- Anrealage and Trident Gum: Focus On What Is Real
- Miranda Kerr Wows Crowd at Isetan and Samantha Thavasa Collaboration Fashion Show
- Exclusive Photos of Nogizaka46’s Collaboration with Japanese Department Store Isetan
- Mirei Kiritani and Junko Koshino for the Opening of Rune Naitou’s Exhibit
- Reika Sakurai and Marika Ito of Nogizaka 46 Visit Isetan Shinjuku Wearing Girly School Uniforms
- Fumi Nikaido Talks About Her Collaboration Project with Candy Stripper Part 2
- “Attire and Makeup for Celebrations” Exhibit Open at Pola Museum Annex in Ginza
- The Debut of “Ginza Style Beauty” at Mitsukoshi Department Store
- Ginza Mitsukoshi's Thriving Cosmetics Floor is Renewed with the Focus on Japanese Beauty
- Shu Uemura Picks Up the Fashion Headline Cosmetics Award for 2015
- Sexy Yaz Wins the Hearts of Shu Shu and Japanese Makeup Gurus
- Discover the Personal Sides of Japanese Celebrities at Nobuyoshi Araki's Exhibit at Omotesando Hills
- This Year’s Kimura Ihei Award Winners to Exhibit Works in Shinjuku, Tokyo
- Celebrated Japanese Photographer Nobuyoshi Araki for Bottega Veneta's S/S 2015 Campaign
- Mika Ninagawa's Emotions Seen Through Photos. Solo Exhibit at the Hara Museum of Contemporary Art
- Interview: Kotaro Sakaki “I Want People to Have Fun.” Part 2/5
- Tokujin Yoshioka Designs the First Japanese Smartphone Equipped with Firefox
- Jam Home Made: Good Luck Charms for Happy Couples